Dear Erasmus Community
Dear Erasmus Community,
We will continue remote learning for the rest of Term 3 under measures to control COVID-19 announced by the Premier, Mr Andrews, today, 1 September 2021.
From the Premier
- A detailed plan outlining the arrangements for Term 4 will be announced by the government next week.
- The state government was unable to announce any significant easing of current restrictions because of ‘a dramatic shift in the nature and the number of [COVID-19] cases’ in recent days, and the certainty that numbers would continue to rise.
- Schools continue with remote learning except for vulnerable children and children of authorised workers.
- These measures would remain in place until about 23 September, when it was expected that 70 per cent of eligible Victorians will have had at least a first dose of vaccine. Some restrictions could be eased from that date.
We understand that many in our community may feel disappointed by this news.
- If you have any concerns about your child’s learning or wellbeing, please get in touch with your child’s Class Teacher.
- If you have concerns or are struggling emotionally or financially, please get in touch with Melissa, Catherine or me; we will do what we can to support you.
- Our chaplain, Travis Moroney is available to help anyone in our School community with wellbeing – especially during COVID-19 restrictions. Travis is very approachable, feel free to contact him via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need to talk to someone.